Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
IOSH has been committed to creating a world of work which is safe, healthy and sustainable.
IOSH is not just the biggest health and safety membership organization in the world,
It is also the only Chartered body for health and safety professionals.
And because it’s a world leader in health and safety training, every year over 160,000 people take its courses.
IOSH training makes workplaces safer, healthier and more productive – for everyone.
IOSH Managing Safely Course
Every manager should have an understanding of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
This flexible course is ideal for getting managers up-to-speed on the skills they need to tackle safety and health issues in the workplace.
A practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, Managing safely has a sharp business focus. The hands on, jargon-free format engages and inspires, and has helped a huge range of businesses to raise standards of safety and health.
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
- A 25 question, multiple format assessment paper
- A risk assessment based project
- When you pass, you’ll be awarded an IOSH Managing safely certificate
How the course delivery style suits you
- Memorable and thought provoking facts and case studies help drive the points home over the whole course
- Each module is backed by crystal clear examples and recognisable scenarios, and summaries reinforce the key learning points
- The course includes checklists and other materials for delegates to try out and then use when they get back to their own workplaces
- Little ‘down time’ – the programme can be delivered flexibly so that it suits your business
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single programme
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Internationally recognised and respected certification for managers and supervisors
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Who is the course for?
Any employee including managers, supervisors and heads of department who has a responsibility to manage people, resources and risks associated with the work activities within their workplace.