National/International Association of Safety Professional (NASP/IASP) courses
The National/international Association of Safety Professionals is a leading organization in USA as a membership organization providing training, consultative services, and third-party certifications that validate knowledge, skills and abilities in the area of workplace safety.
Certified Safety Manager (CSM) Courses:
This Safety Manager Certification is an indication to employers, potential employers, regulatory agencies, and the courts that you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to a level of proficiency expected of a professional who is capable of working with little or no supervision while managing the safety programs, policies, and procedures common to business and industry.
Creating a safety culture in the workplace can be difficult but this course will provide the tools necessary to implement proper safety training and an effective safety program. Participants will learn how to understand and interpret regulations, avoid civil and criminal liability, increase worker morale, reduce workers comp rates and most importantly, minimize or eliminate injuries in the workplace.
* NASP certifications are stand-alone certifications. However, NASP’s designations are designed to be achieved in a step by step building block process where each level achieved is a step toward the next higher level. You may purchase the highest level certification, and it will encompass the building blocks below it. The Certified Safety Manager is the foundational course and is the first step in beginning your professional level certifications.
NASP certifications can be represented as in the following ladder:
Authorization of the CSM:
After the completion of the course, the participant will be an authorized safety & health trainer from NASP/IASP – USA who will be able to conduct a variety of safety & health courses as listed below and get certificates and wallet cards from NASP/IASP – USA directly.
The participant may use the NASP name and logo on their website and in other advertising, but they may not represent themselves as being NASP.
Who should attend the course?
- Safety & Occupational Health Supervisors and Managers.
- Safety Officers and Inspectors.
- Project Engineers and all other engineering disciplines.
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Discover a brand new perspective of safety that will empower himself/herself.
- Have the information to be qualified as a safety expert and manager.
- Learn training methodologies that change the way the employees work.
- Conduct a variety of Safety & Health Training Courses.
- Save money by developing his/her own safety programs.
- Avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries.
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations.
- Establish acceptable analysis and documentation of workplace hazards.
- Manage workplace safety inspections and audits.
- Investigate, analyze and document workplace accidents and root cause analysis.
- Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques.
The following topics will be presented in the course:
- The Business of Safety
- Understanding Safety
- Understanding OSHA – USA & Regulatory Compliance
- Safety Training Methods
- Safety & Health Programs/Policies/Procedures
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Accident Investigation
- Behavior Based Safety (Changing Safety Behavior)
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Confined Space Entry
- Electrical Safety/Arc Flash Protection
- Workplace Safety Inspections
- Ergonomics Management/Back Safety
- Chemical Hazard Communication (New Globally Harmonized System GHS)
- Hazardous Materials & DOT
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response)
- Lockout Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Materials Handling
- Egress / Fire Safety
- New Record Keeping
- Workplace Violence
- Walking/Working Surfaces
- Slips Trips and Falls
- Welding / Cutting / Brazing and Compressed Gases
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following courses is recommended:
- “NASP/IASP – USA Safety & Health Advanced Diploma” course.
- “NASP/IASP – USA Safety & Health Supervisor Diploma” course.
The course should be delivered in 4 – 5 days depending on the number of hours per day or the Client’s agreement for in-house training course.
The NASP/IASP – USA Certified Safety Manager training course is assessed by a multiple-choice open book assessment on the last day of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
- NASP/IASP – USA Certified Safety Manager (CSM) International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card.
- Local Certificate from EHS-Academy, Egypt or EHS Training Centre, UAE as applicable.